Community > Local History > Charles Sturt Museum
The Grange was Captain Charles Sturt's residence in South Australia from 1840 to 1853. The house is an example of the Early Colonial style in South Australia and is significant as being the first built in the Grange area known as the 'Reedbeds'. The building houses many of Sturt's original possessions and documents in a collection of national significance. The Gallery features the exhibition 'Dream and the Reality: an Insight into Capt. Charles Sturt 1795-1869'.
Location: Jetty Street GRANGE SA 5022
Opening Times: 2pm to 5pm on the first and third Sundays of each month (except on Public Holidays). Mid week group tours by arrangement. The ground can be hired for weddings, photograpy and functions.
Cost: Adults: $5.00, Seniors/Children U12: $3.00
Phone: (08) 8356 8185 or 8356 5270 (for bookings)
Function Enquiries: (08) 8356 9686 or email email@example.com
Postal Address: PO Box 132 FULHAM GARDENS SA 5024
How to Get There: From Grange Road turn into Frederick Road, then down Jetty Road. Parking available.
Further Information: http://www.charlessturtmuseum.com.au/