At the City of Charles Sturt, we’re here to serve the community. Our role as council is set out in Section 6 of the Local Government Act 1999.
Our role is to:
- act as representative
- make responsible decisions for the community
- provide and coordinate public services and facilities
- encourage and develop initiatives to improve quality of life
- represent the interests of our local area to the wider community
- exercise, perform and discharge the powers, functions and duties of Local Government in relation to our area, as contained in the Local Government Act 1999 and other Acts
Learn more about what Councils do
Funding for new programs, events, activities and minor equipment purchases that benefit the local community.
We welcome all comments or suggestions to help us better serve the community.