Whilst our Mobile Library has been off the road for the past few months, Mark our Outreach Officer, and the rest of our library team quietly said thank you and goodbye to our loyal truck. With over 20 years of service under its belt, we've seen many customers onboard and its collection has travelled thousands of kilometres!
But it's onto bigger and better things and we're excited to announce that starting next Wednesday 22 July we will be rolling back out to our public stops in our brand new Mobile Library van.
Customers can now look forward to new features such as public wi-fi, wheelchair access, pull out seating, charging stations powered by our very own solar panels, and for those coffee enthusiasts even a little coffee machine. Of course our collection is still top-notch too, with a wide variety of items to borrow.
The Mobile Library is part of our ‘libraries without borders,’ a service that expands our libraries beyond the static walls of our branches.
The Mobile Library operates throughout the year; providing lending and information services to shopping centres, retirement villages, a variety of street locations and a community centre all within the City of Charles Sturt Council area.
See our current timetable on our events calendar.
The mobile library also makes regular stops at the following educational facilities:
- Brompton Children’s Centre
- Renown Park Children’s Centre
- Westport Primary Pre-School
- Goodstart Early Learning Semaphore
- Montessori House Fulham Gardens
- Edge Kids Life Early Learning Centre
- Barbara Kiker Memorial Kindergarten
- Kidman Park Community Children’s Centre
- West Beach Kindergarten
- West Beach Stepping Stone
- Henley High School
- Challa Gardens Primary School
- Adelaide Secondary School of English
- Whitefriars Catholic School
- Woodville Park Childcare Centre
- Our Lady of La Vang Specialist Educational Facility
- Adelaide Miethke Kindergarten
- Precious Cargo Montessori Early Learning
- Athol Park Emali Early Learning Centre
- Pennington Kindergarten
- Allenby Gardens Stepping Stone
- QEH CCC
- West Lakes Kindergarten and Early Learning Centre
- First Steps Albert Park
- Faith Montessori Centre
- Goodstart Early Learning Cheltenham
- Treetops Early Learning Findon
- Findon Emali Learning Centre
- Elizabeth O’Grady Kindergarten
- Seaton Community Children’s Centre
- Laugh ‘n’ Learn Royal Park
If your school, day-care centre or kindergarten is interested in having the mobile library visit, please direct your enquiry to email@example.com