Find out more about the City of Charles Sturt's response to COVID-19 including service updates, information, recommendations and resources from SA Health, WHO and the Government.

Dismiss alert

Event information kit

Our events information kit gives you assistance for planning an event in the City of Charles Sturt.

It includes information on things like:

  • planning an event on Council land
  • permits, licences and approvals
  • road closures and parking controls
  • community consultation
  • cleaning and waste management
  • public health and safety

You can also check out the Special Event Kit - Planning of Public Transport Services for guidance on planning logistics.

The Woodville Town Hall is an elegant heritage building at the heart of the Charles Sturt community. A vibrant, inclusive and entertaining venue celebrates community life in western Adelaide.

The Woodville Town Hall is available for hire. Our hall is used for weddings, concerts, performances, comedy, dance, community celebrations, markets, conferences, seminars, award nights, quiz nights, fundraisers, lectures and exhibitions.

You can book the Woodville Town Hall.

You can book an event in one of our many parks, gardens or reserves.

To book, fill out an Application for Event - Parks, Gardens and Reserves form and return to Council.

You can book an event in one of our halls, centres and spaces.

To book, find your community space and fill out an application form found on each page.

You can search all our booking forms. There may be a hire subsidy available for some bookings. Please refer to our application for hire subsidy form for more information.

Each venue has a different cost. For a full list of prices, refer to the fees and charges register.

You may need to prepare a Risk Management Plan for events held on Council land. If required you must complete a Risk Management Plan no less than 21 days before the event.

Learn more about creating an Event Risk Management Plan.

It's very important to manage public health and safety. You can read the Guidelines for the Management of Public Health & Safety at Public Events.

If you're running a temporary food event, you must notify council at least 14 days before the event.

There are two types of forms:

Please note, if you are planning to sell food on Council land you must apply for a vending permit. You can complete the Vending on Local Government Land - Application for Permit.

The City of Charles Sturt is a very attractive place for photography and film making.

If you are conducting filming or undertaking a photo shoot for a special event within the City of Charles Sturt you will need to seek prior Council approval.

Find out more information including how to apply for Council approval.