Due to COVID-19 our existing service has now been adapted to a contactless system, with increased sanitisation of all items and a drop to your door approach.
We have also expanded this service to include:
- People 70 years or over
- People 65 years or over, with a chronic medical condition
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years or over, with a chronic medical condition
- People who are immune suppressed
- People with a disability.
If you, a family member or loved one is interested in applying and meets the above criteria, please fill out the form below and our Home Library Service officer will be in touch.
Are you a resident of the City of Charles Sturt who wants to access our library’s collection, but cannot visit any of our libraries due to age, frailty, injury or disability?
Our Home Library Service offers an alternative – a free, personalised delivery service that brings the library (yes, the library!) to the comfort of your own home. The Home Service is managed by a dedicated and friendly team of staff and volunteers, who visit on a designated day and time on a monthly basis.
At each visit you will receive a delivery of library materials specific to your interests and capabilities. Whether you are a romance, crime or sci-fi fan, or you enjoy a non-fiction book, puzzle, magazine or even DVD, the service offers access to all the collections you would normally see in your local library.
We can also offer a more tailored approach. For example, for those with vision impairments, other than the general collection of large print books, talking books and CDs, we can provide audio-read Envoys or Daisy Players.
Envoys are remote-control sized audio players with a number of pre-loaded audiobooks, and Daisy Players are special devices that allow many different forms of talking books to be played with the push of a simple button, such as USBs, SD cards and CDs.
We also visit nursing homes, retirement villages, hospitals, hostels and supported living.
How to Apply
If you, a family member or a friend would be interested in applying for this service, we recommend that you do so via the online form below. Alternatively you can call us on 8408 1333 to speak to our Home Service Officer.
Please note, you must meet certain criteria to be eligible for the service.
What happens next?
After we receive your completed application form, our Home Library Servicer officer will be in touch with you to arrange a time to meet and discuss the service in more detail with you.
They will also ask you a series of questions to help them select items according to your borrowing preferences and explain when and what time they will visit you each month.
Terms and Conditions
To be eligible for Home Library Service, you must meet certain criteria that will be determined by the Home Library Service Officer.
You must be unable to visit any of our library branches due to:
- Vision impairment, or
- Injury (permanent or temporary)
As a Home Library Service customer, you must also agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on their account
- Have due items ready for collection by the Home Library Service Officer on the designated delivery date and time.
- Avoid overdue items by contacting the Library to renew if it has not already been done so twice before
- Advise the library of any changes to their contact details including delivery address
- Advise the library of any other changes to their circumstances affecting deliver, such as absence due to holidays, appointments, illness, etc.
- Pay for replacement costs of any items that have been lost or damaged.
If any of these conditions are not met, we do reserve the right to restrict or ban access to library materials until the issues are resolved.