Change Makers are people who make a positive difference in the community.
Are you armed with an activity idea or passionate about a community issue?
Change Makers at Charles Sturt
- aged 12-30
- live in the City of Charles Sturt
- aspire to make the community better
- have a new idea for a local community activity or identified a community opportunity and do not know where to start
- not a registered business
- not planning to run a for profit or fundraising activity
- proposed activity or project does not count towards a formal qualification or award
We can help you launch your idea
Our Community Development Team can:
- assist you to refine your community activity ideas and test them out
- link you to others who share your passion and have skills to share the work
- support you to access programs to develop the skills you need to move your idea forward
- link you to relevant local community groups, organisations, businesses, committees and networks
- help you locate the resources you need to get your idea off the ground
- purchase up to $1000 of materials and equipment per Change Maker initiative where alternate funding sources are not available (subject to availability of funds and approval from the Community Development Coordinator – Youth)
- coordinate workshops and talks with local change makers and entrepreneurs to share their stories with you
Want to make things happen?
Expressions of interest are open all year round.
Applications are open to individuals or groups (up to 6 members).
The Community Development Team will work with up to 4 Change Maker initiatives (individuals or groups) at any one time for a period of up to 6 months. Duration is dependent on the complexity of the project and negotiated during the planning stage.
How to apply
- Read the eligibility criteria and guidelines before submitting an expression of interest.
- Complete an application form.
Not a local change maker?
We have you covered.