Given the unfolding situation relating to COVID-19 in Australia and across the world, here at the City of Charles Sturt we want to be proactive and clear about how we can stay healthy and are making changes to the way we do things. We will continue to provide updates to the services and events that are impacted along with the latest information and recommendations from WHO, SA Health and the Government.

More information

Dismiss alert

Graffiti removal

We're committed to providing a clean and safe environment for our community.

You can report graffiti on private or public property to the police. It will then be removed by trained volunteers. Rapid removal is proven to reduce the likelihood of graffiti reoccurring.

Graffiti is classified as damage to public property. If you witness graffiti vandalism occurring, ring the police immediately on 131 444.

Together, we can work to achieve the goal of a clean city.

Graffiti removal 

Homeowners should first report graffiti as property damage to the local police station by phoning 131 444.

Then, call Council on 8408 1111 to report graffiti on your property. They'll ask you details of size, colour and the type of surface defaced. You must sign and return a consent form to give us permission to remove the graffiti. Then, we'll remove it as soon as possible.

Our trained volunteers remove graffiti within the City of Charles Sturt. The method of removal depends on what type of surface is affected. We remove graffiti by painting over it, cleaning it off with a proven substance, or using a high pressure water spray.

Offensive graffiti is removed within 2 working days. Non-offensive graffiti is removed within 5 working days. Commercial property owners are encouraged to make their own arrangements for Graffiti Removal.

Can I do it myself?

Yes. We have a self-help scheme for graffiti removal. You can access vouchers for free paint from the Civic Centre or any of our libraries. The vouchers gives you up to two litres of paint to cover graffiti on your property.

Contact us on 8408 1111 for more information.

What if it's not my property?

As Council, we're responsible for removal of graffiti from all Council-owned property. This includes parks, bus shelters and street signs.

If you see graffiti in a public space or somebody else's private residence, please report the details to us on 8408 1111.


We rely on the contribution of our volunteers to keep the city clean. Volunteers are fully trained in the use of removal equipment and substances.

If you're interested in volunteering for this program, call:

Volunteer Service Development Officer
8408 1828

More information 

8408 1111