The City of Charles Sturt is a great place to start your business. Our team is here to help make your journey as easy as possible, with a range of support services and networking events.
The Consumer and Business Services offer business planning tools and information for starting a business.
Australian Business License and Information Service (ABLIS) is an easy licensing guide for all business types.
You will also need to:
You may also be able to apply for funding help through the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS).
Find a space to develop, buy or lease
The South Australian Investment Atlas has all the key information you need on:
- land management and availability
- infrastructure, utilities and facilities like water, electricity, gas, network connections, heavy truck routes and waste disposal sites
- local products and services suppliers
- economic insights like population growth, employment rates, household income, house sales prices
A co-working space is a smart, low-cost option for building your business idea while working alongside like-minded people.
- Adelaide Business Hub – Business Incubator
6 Todd St, Pt Adelaide
- Healthy Living Precinct
1 Hindmarsh Ave, Welland
- Hendon Studios – Serviced Offices
3 Butler Drive, Hendon
- Seaton Business Hub - Serviced Offices
1 Clark Tce, Seaton
- Titanium Security Arena – Business Hub
44A Crittenden Rd, Findon
- West Lakes Business Hub - Serviced Offices
Suite 10 / 153 Brebner Drive, West Lakes
If you are looking for support please get in touch with us and we can point you in the right direction.
Western Business leaders can connect you to business advice, support and mentoring.
We have also partnered with Adelaide Business Hub who can provide you with subsidised One on One Business Advice.
Home-based businesses are a big part of our community.
Depending on your type of business, you may need special permits relating to zoning, signage, noise levels or health issues.
Let us know if you are thinking of opening one and we can help you.
The Entrepreneurs Program is a new approach to the way government provides services to business. Subject to eligibility criteria, you can book a Business Evaluation by an independent business advisor. An assessment is conducted at your business’ premises, resulting in a report and recommendations for the business to make improvements. Your business assessor will coach and mentor you to implement the recommendations for up to 12 months.