Find out more about the City of Charles Sturt's response to COVID-19 including service updates, information, recommendations and resources from SA Health, WHO and the Government.

Dismiss alert

Lost and found

Lost your dog or cat?

Call us on 8408 1111 to report your missing pet. Leave an exact description and your contact details with our staff. You can also complete a Lost or Found Animal form.

Lost and Found Animal Form

Visit the Pets of Charles Sturt facebook page for more information about local pets.

We also recommend contacting:

You may also consider placing flyers on public notice boards or doing a letterbox drop in your area. Please do not place signs on stobie poles.

Make sure your dog always wears its collar with registration tag and is microchipped with your current details on the database.

Impounded Dogs

Impounded dogs from the City of Charles Sturt go to the Animal Welfare League Shelter. Check their website, as they post photos of all impounded dogs.

You can inspect dogs between 10am and 4pm any day except public holidays.

Fees apply and are payable at Civic Centre before collecting the dog. These fees cover the cost of housing, caring and feeding of the dog by the Animal Welfare League. All fees to do with impounding dogs are charged to the dog owner or person collecting the dog. Fees must be paid in full before the dog can be released.

Animal Welfare League Shelter 
1-19 Cormack Road
Wingfield SA 5013
8348 1300

Found a dog?

Secure the dog if safe to do so. We don't recommend holding the dog yourself.

Call 8408 1111 to report it to one of our Community Safety Officers or Lost or Found Animal form. They will collect the dog from you and return it home as soon as possible. The dog’s owners may have already notified us that the dog is missing.

We try to return all dogs home as soon as possible to avoid any unnecessary stress for the dog or its family.

Found a cat?

Call 8408 1111 to report a found cat, or complete a Lost or Found Animal form.

If the cat can be identified, please contact the owner. Our Animal Management Officers do not provide a collection service for cats. You can take unidentified cats to the Animal Welfare League.