Cut food miles, reduce waste, save money, add variety to your diet, encourage sustainable living ... and get to know your neighbours!
Community Fruit & Vege Swaps bring together neighbours to share the surplus fruit and vege from their gardens, while at the same time sharing ideas, knowledge, skills and good company.
Some key features
- genuinely "grassroots" - initiated & run by local residents
- no money changes hands
- no strings attached - no registration or membership - just come along when you wish
- based on the principle of sharing, rather than selling, bartering or trading
- everyone welcome - whether or not you have produce to swap
Come along & swap
- fruits & vegetables
- plants, cuttings, seeds and seedlings
- home baking and preserves
Start your own!
If you like the idea of a local 'fruit & vege swap', why not start one in your area? There are many benefits for you, your community and the environment. This very simple model is easy and quick to set up - it practically runs itself! Interested? Read our easy guide:
To register your interest for a workshop in your area or to get personalised help and support to start your own swap, contact Mark at City of Charles Sturt on 8408 1138, or via email at email@example.com