Woodville Road is changing
In 2010 we asked you what you would like to see in the future. From your ideas we have completed a number of actions to improve the Woodville Road precinct such as re-establishing the Woodville Town Hall as a vibrant entertainment venue and building the new St Clair Recreation Centre.
In 2019 we consulted on the Woodville Road Streetscape Upgrade Project. The concept design included:
- Maintaining two lanes of traffic in each direction in peak hours and introducing sheltered right turns to side streets
- Improving pedestrian movement, linkages and providing safe crossing points
- Landscaping and greenery
- Opportunities for new commercial and residential development
- Public art
- Smart technology elements
- Public places that encourage social activity
Your feedback from the consultation is helping to shape the final design which we’re looking forward to sharing with you in early 2021.
Feedback from the consultation is available online, see:
- a snapshot of the key themes from our community consultation; or
- the Council Report, Item 6.136 presented on 9 December 2019.
November 2020 to December 2020 - Power Line Environment Committee (PLEC) works commencing on laying of conduits and pits in preparation for undergrounding of powerlines in the section between Norman Street and Port Road by SA Power Networks.
January 2021 to March 2021 - Power Line Environment Committee (PLEC) works on power cabling and connection to properties, installation of new lighting and removal of old lighting by SA Power Networks.
March 2021 to April 2021 - SA water to undertake works for new water main.
Keep updated on the project!
Construction of the streetscape is due to commence in the 2021/22 financial year.
To provide our community with the most up to date information during the works, we are trialling a construction communication app called ‘SitePodium’. More information will be available soon on how you can download the app and keep updated.