A Dry Zone or Dry Area is a designated area where the consumption and possession of liquor is prohibited under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997 and can be enforced by SAPOL.
Dry Areas are located at:
- Grange Area 1 - Jetty Street to Terminus St (including the Grange Jetty)
- Henley Beach Area 1 - Marlborough Street to Grange Road
- Henley Beach Area 2 - Henley Square (including the Henley Jetty) east along Main St to Military Rd and to Gilmore Road, Henley Beach
- Henley Beach South Area 1 - Torrens Outlet and Ozone Street
- West Beach Area 1 - Burbridge Road to Chetwynd Street
- West Lakes Shoreline and Midcourse Reserve
The six Dry Areas above have relevant signage to inform the public. A map is also placed at both the northern and southern boundary of each Dry Area.
To assist us in monitoring the effectiveness of the Dry Areas you can report alcohol related incidents to SAPOL on 131 444 where police attendance is required.