Recycling: Yellow Bin
What can go in your yellow bin:
- paper (newspapers, magazines, junk mail)
- cardboard (egg cartons, boxes)
- milk cartons
- plastic bottles
- glass bottles and jars
- aluminium and steel cans
- containers (detergent botttles, icecream and yoghurt containers)
- foil from chocolate Easter eggs
Check the A-Z of Waste & Recycling for more information about what goes in each bin.
- Rinse all food and drink containers.
- Remove lids and place into blue bin.
- Don't put your recycling in plastic bags.
- Flatten all cardboard boxes.
- Don't pack your recycling bin too tight.
- Keep recyclables separate (eg don't put cans in boxes).
What can't go in the yellow bin?
- plastic bags
- car parts or gas bottles
- garden waste
- food scraps
- mirrors, light globes or window glass
Stop the Junk Mail
The Distribution Standards Board provides one free of charge reflective sticker, on receipt of a stamped return addressed envelope to:
Suite 6, 151 Barkly Avenue
Richmond Victoria 3121.