Organics: Green Bin
What can go in the green bin:
- garden prunings and cuttings
- lawn clippings
- cut flowers
- small branches (max length 60cm, max diameter 10cm)
- food scraps
What food scraps can go in the organics bin? Read more about recycling food waste.
If it didn't grow, it doesn't go in the organics bin.
Check the A-Z of Waste & Recycling for further information about what item goes in what bin.
What can't go in the green bin:
- dirt, soil or sand
- plastic bags or household garbage
- stones, rocks, bricks or rubble
- irrigation hoses, plastic pots or trays
- painted or treated timber
- gardening tools