In order to meet current and future population demands, the City of Charles Sturt has prepared this Plan to respond to community vision for a safe, high capacity, easy to use and responsive transport system.
The City of Charles Sturt Transport Plan creates a strategy that ties together the City of Charles Sturt Corporate Plan 2013-2017, and the objectives of the State Government's Integrated Transport and Land Use Plan (2015).
These objectives include:
- providing a greater choice of travel modes
- distributing goods and services more efficiently
- improving road safety
- reducing the environmental impacts of the transport system
- fostering medium density mixed-use developments
- creating more attractive and lively suburban centres
- protecting the freight routes needed to grow employment opportunities
This strategy is the overarching document for all detailed Council Transport Strategies, including the City of Charles Sturt Strategy for Walking and Cycling.
You can read our Transport Plan.