City of Charles Sturt Waste Management Centre
Telephone: 8408 1350
2-6 Toogood Avenue
Open Monday to Saturday 8am to 4pm, Sunday 8am to 1pm, closed on public holidays.
Larger amounts of general household waste can be delivered to our Waste Management Centre at Beverley.
Waste disposal rates:
- General Waste - $149.00 per tonne (Minimum charge of $36.00 for up to 250kg applies);
- Green Waste - $75.00 per tonne (Minimum charge of $20.00 for up to 260kg applies);
- Concrete & Unclean Rubble - $85.00 per tonne (Minimum charge of $25.00 for up to 300kg applies);
- Clean Fill - $35.00 per tonne ;
- Steel Sorted - $10.00 per load;
- Tyres off rim - $10.00 per tyre;
- Tyres on rim - $18.00 per tyre;
- Mattresses - $20.00 per mattress;
- Oils - No fee up to 20 litres (Charges apply over 20 litres);
- Car batteries - Free of charge.
- Fluorescent Tubes - Charles Sturt Residents No Fee
- Fluorescent Tubes - Non Residents $2.00 per tube
Eftpos facilities are available.
Mulch for sale $40.00 per cubic metre.
These rates include the $47.00 per tonne EPA residential and hard waste levy
Please note that we do not accept:
Gas bottles, asbestos, paint or any flammable or hazardous liquids.
Wingfield Waste and Recycling Centre
Telephone: 8345 4318
412 Hanson Road North
Overpass Extension, Wingfield
(Incorporating Amcor, Jeffries, Adelaide Resource Recovery & Transpacific Industries)
Collectively, the site tenants provide a comprehensive waste management facility for:
- Large paper and cardboard waste - free if separated out from other items;
- Construction & demolition waste - fees apply;
- Trailer loads of green waste - fees apply;
- Residual waste including furniture and household waste - fees apply.
Household Hazardous Waste Depot
Telephone: 8204 2004
Corner Magazine Road and Henschke Street
The depot is open on the first Tuesday of every month (excluding public holidays) between 9am and midday.
No business/commercial wastes accepted.
Items the depot will accept:
Solvents (such as paint thinners);
Items the depot will not accept:
Ammunition or explosives (contact the Police);
Asbestos (contact EPA or Department of Administrative & Information Services);
Pressurised gas cylinders (contact the EPA);
Radioactive materials (contact the EPA Radiation Branch);
Tyres (contact the EPA).
This service is provided free of charge by Zero Waste SA for all households.