We're continuing to adapt our services in line with COVID-19 restrictions and regulations to ensure the health and safety of our community as a priority.
The majority of our community services are in full operation under current COVID conditions, however it remains an evolving situation. Any alterations to services are outlined below.
No matter what - we’re here for you. If you require any further details about our services, or are feeling unsure about how we can support you, please get in touch.
- Call us on 8408 1111
- Call our Ageing Well team on 8408 1309
- Chat with us online
- Connect via our social media via Facebook or Instagram
The health and wellbeing of our Charles Sturt community, and our broader state and national community continues to remain a priority.
For additional COVID advice and information head to the SA Health website.
Please find alterations to our Ageing Well program below in the interests of community safety:
- Community Bus Transport - On hold
- Community Visitors Scheme – On hold
- Companion Animal Program – Collecting dogs from client’s front door
- Domestic Services – Hygiene service to continue both ongoing and short term
- Fish Feeders – On hold
- Gardening (safety focus) and External Window Cleans – Operating
- Hard Rubbish assistance to verge – On hold
- Home Maintenance – Operating
- Home Modification – Operating
- Social Groups (including exercise groups) – On hold.
- Shopping list service – List service in operation
- Shopping 1:1 - Will be offered as a list service only – staff have PPE, masks and gloves available.
- Social 1:1 - Home visits only
- Spring Cleans - On hold
- Welfare check phone calls - To be implemented as needed
- Volunteer Gardening and Volunteer Graffiti - On hold
Please be aware our staff are adhering to COVID-19 safety and hygiene protocols and will wear a mask when in direct contact with clients. We will also encourage clients to do the same where possible.
You can contact our Ageing Well team for further information or support on 8408 1309.
Our Community Centres are currently open to the community and we are currently working with program providers to ensure we follow the required guidelines and help keep our community safe.
For further information you can get in touch with centres by giving them a call or via their Facebook page.
Our Community Development team can also be contacted on email@example.com
Our Field Services team has returned to normal operation in serving our community.
Our employees are trained and remain alert during the COVID-19 environment, and we ask that you follow social distancing and good hygiene requirements when interacting with our teams out in the community.
Our Immunisation Clinic has returned to regular operating hours.
Please be aware all visitors to the clinic over 12 years of age must wear a single-use mask covering the nose and mouth. This includes all family members accompanying the person being vaccinated. We encourage visitors to bring their own mask where possible.
We also ask clients to utilise the COVID SAfe Check-In via the free mySA GOV app. A manual contact tracing sheet is also available for those without smartphones if required.
Only one parent will be permitted into the vaccinating room due to social distancing measures.
Please be aware that COVID-19 hygiene and social distancing protocols remain in place at all Council locations.
Our libraries are open as per our normal hours.
You will be able to visit to borrow but we ask that you follow good hygiene practices and do not come in if you are feeling unwell:
- After hours return chutes are available
- We will increase our current hygiene and sanitising measures
- Social distancing measures continue to be in place (capacity of 1 person every 4 square metres)
- Call and Collect will be available for those wanting a contactless service
- All loans remain extended until January 2021
- Any waiting reservations remain extended for the next 21 days
- Newspapers are temporarily suspended
- Digital one on one sessions and all adult events except for the Beeswax wrap workshop and Meet the author – Parwana event are still going ahead in person.
- Children’s pre-school sessions will continue online via Zoom
- Our Home Library and Mobile Library services have resumed, with increased hygiene and contactless delivery where possible
- Our Digital Library is open 24/7 to all members, which includes a great variety of eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, movies, learning resources and more. New to our online collection this week is Borrowbox, which features hand-picked eBooks and eAudiobooks for kids and adults
- The library team can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand that the current COVID-19 situation is rapidly changing, and that this is a difficult time for our community. We know that many people may be facing financial hardship during an uncertain time.
- As a start, we will be waiving all rates fines and interest incurred from April 2020 until 31 October 2020 to allow you time to put in a payment plan specific to your circumstances without the burden of penalty fines and interest for payments of your 4th quarter 19/20 and 1st quarter 20/21 instalment not made by due dates.
- If you have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic though a loss of employment and/or your business was forced to close or restrict activities due to State or Federal government restrictions, you may be eligible for COVID-19 Hardship rate relief.
- For many sporting and community organisations in the City of Charles Sturt, you can apply to have current rental and license fees waived for a period of up to five months.
- Food inspection and auditing fees will be waived for 6 months from July 2020 to December 2020
- Public Space Occupation fees will be waived for 6 months from July 2020 to December 2020
- Outdoor dining fees will be waived for 12 months from July 2020 to June 2021
If you are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19, please give us a call on 8408 1111 to discuss how we can support you.
If you're not sure what the latest restrictions mean or you are a business needing help or support, please get in touch either with Economic Development team or request a call back from our free business helpline. Our trusted advisors offer a FREE confidential service and are experienced small business people who appreciate the challenges that you are facing in your business right now.
They can provide advice on cashflow management, debt management, employment issues, marketing and a range of other services.
We encourage the community to adhere to COVID-19 hygiene and social distancing protocols when using all public spaces. Signage remains in place at public playgrounds as a helpful reminder of these measures.
The management of COVID-19 remains an ongoing issue for our community.
Our Public Health & Safety team will continue to support both local businesses and residents follow health guidelines and ensure community safety.
Our Rapid Response team has returned to normal operation in serving our community.
For non life-threatening emergencies like flooding, vicious dog attack, traffic hazards or a bad spill onto roadway, you can still call us on 8408 1111 24/7.
Traffic and engineering projects will resume in line with easing of restrictions.
The Beverley Recycling and Waste Centre is open as per regular operating hours.
All waste collections will continue as normal. For any missed bin issues, please contact Solo directly on 8295 5077.