The Ageing Well team understands how much your home and garden means to you. It's important for your safety, independence and wellbeing that they are maintained.
Our Home Maintenance program offers a variety of services and essential tasks to help you remain in your home. We can also work with you to help you safely and comfortably continue those tasks you prefer to do yourself.
Our Home Maintenance Officers are trained to consult about ongoing property needs. This can help minimise future emergencies and help you plan ahead =
Call us to discuss your needs.
Our Home Maintenance Officers provide many services to improve your safety and security at home. Priority is assessed on a case by case basis, according to circumstances. Waiting lists may apply for lower priority jobs. Work that is essential and required to address a high risk to safety and security, for example installation of hand rails, is given higher priority.
These tasks can be things like:
- fitting of locks for doors & windows
- window, door and lock adjustments
- re-keying and barrel replacements
- security assessments
- advice on all types of security devices
- key safe boxes
- key guards for security screen doors
- magnetic door catches
- battery operated smoke alarms
- battery replacements for smoke alarms
- installation of sensor lights (not hard wired)
- fitting of hand rails
- paving repair and concrete path trip point repair
There are a lot of small things that can go wrong around the home and often it is hard to find a reliable tradesperson to help with small repairs.
Our Home Maintenance Officers are happy to discuss your needs and deliver a solution to your where possible.
These tasks can be things like:
- minor carpentry
- minor tiling/grouting/silicone
- minor plastering
- leaking taps or seized taps
- installation of quarter turn taps, hand held shower heads
- basic clearing of blocked drains to sinks
- leaking toilet cisterns
- seal drafts from doors and windows
- ease jamming doors and windows
- rehang doors or door reversals with lift off hinges
- repair and adjust cupboard doors and drawers
- sash balance and cord replacement
- blinds and brackets rehung and repaired
- replace light globes, fluoro and starters
- turning mattresses
- cleaning of sky lights and air-conditioner filters
- hand rails
It is our gardens and home exteriors that people first notice so it’s important for our safety and security to keep everything looking well maintained and lived in. Besides our annual gardening service there are a variety of Home Maintenance services that we offer to help you remain independent and enhance your sense of wellbeing.
- Minor fencing
- Minor gutter/downpipe repairs
- Gutter cleaning – single storey only
- Flyscreen repairs & installation
- Re-threading clotheslines
- Minor paving
- Minor concreting
- Removal of raised concrete trip points in the garden
- Letter box installation and repairs
- Installation of street numbering to letterbox or home (for emergency services)
- Installation of door bells
- Security screen door closers, key guards and magnetic catches
- Relight pilot lights
- Outdoor tap repairs
- Minor irrigation repairs (subject to assessment)
- Installation of hose reels
- Garden furniture repairs
- Garden hand tool repairs
- Rubbish Removals (please note we do not remove any Asbestos)
- Minor pruning of shrubs & trees (only if considered a health, safety or security risk – height restrictions apply. Cosmetic work such as garden landscaping, weeding etc. is excluded)
- Weed poisoning
- Garden tidy up
Although funding for this Home Maintenance, Security and Safety Program has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.