Ageing Well

We have services to support people that are aged, have a disability and those who care for others. Services are available for eligible residents within the City of Charles Sturt.

Services can include spring cleaning, shopping support, basic home maintenance, social activities, transport and respite. These services can help people stay in their own homes and avoid early admission to residential care. Staying in your own home can greatly improve quality of life.

City of Charles Sturt receives funding from the State and Commonwealth Government to provide these basic services.

Read our Community Care Information Booklet or request a copy in the mail by calling us on 8408 1529.

Assistance for Under 65s

Assistance may be available for people under the age of 65, receiving a Disability Support Pension (not receiving NDIS funding).

Complete a referral form and return it to Council. We'll be in touch to discuss your needs.

If you are under the age of 65, receiving a Disability Support Pension and require assistance, you can complete a referral form. For this service you must not already be receiving NDIS funding.

Recognising our Community

Do you know an older resident or someone on a disability support pension who lives in the City of Charles Sturt and does amazing things every day? Do you feel it would be great to recognise them in some way?

The Community Care section at Council receives funding from the Government to run the Home Assistance program which helps older people and those on a disability support pension to stay in their own homes.

As a part of this program, we would like to showcase some of these amazing people in our promotional material, but need your help to find them.

Please call Deb or Cynthia on 8408 1373 to discuss further.

Western Living Newsletter

The Western Living newsletter is produced for residents who use Council's Home and Community Care Services. It has information about services available and events and activities happening around Charles Sturt.

Read the latest edition of Western Living.

More information

Ageing Well
8408 1529

Assistance beyond council 

Aged Rights Advocacy Service (ARAS) 

ARAS provides free, confidential and independent support for people using aged care services and their carers.

Aged Rights Advocacy Service
8232 5377

My Aged Care 

Some services are not available through the City of Charles Sturt. In some cases you may need services at a higher level than Council has funding for. In this case, please contact My Aged Care for support or call 1800 200 422.

This range of services is provided by the Australian Government.

Complaints about aged care 

Learn more about the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner through the Australian Government.