River Torrens Linear Park is a lush green space with sweeping lawns and large trees. It has pockets of revegetated biodiversity along its 8.4 kilometres.
The park forms part of the southern boundary of the City of Charles Sturt and is shared with the City of West Torrens.
Historically the River Torrens had no established outlet to the sea. Instead, flood waters would sit behind the large barrier dune system. This created a swampy region that became known as the 'Reedbeds' and is now known as West Lakes.
The Torrens Outlet was constructed and completed by 1939. It helped in the development of the western suburbs which before were often flooded.