The competition is open to anyone aged between 4 years and 14 years old residing in the City of Charles Sturt.
Your entry can be:
- a place in nature that you like to look at or enjoy being in
- an artwork you have created with natural materials
- a natural item that you find interesting
- colour or black and white, and filters and framing can be used
- taken on any camera or device
- must be original, photographed by the entrant, and not infringe on any party’s intellectual rights
- one image per entry, composite images and collages are not acceptable
Winners will be chosen by a panel of independent local photographers and artists in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and the decision of the judges is final.
The prizes are as follows:
- One $40 Eckersley’s Art & Craft Digital Gift Card – 4-6 years
- One $40 Eckersley’s Art & Craft Digital Gift Card – 7-10 years
- One $40 Eckersley’s Art & Craft Digital Gift Card – 11-14 years
Winners will be notified via email on Monday 10 August.
The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is the City of Charles Sturt Library Service.
- The Council accepts no liability for loss, damage and injury whatsoever which may occur out of or in relation to participating.
- It is a requirement of entry to complete the entry form and have a guardian agree to the terms.
- Personal details are supplied solely for the purpose of consent of use and for the acknowledgement contributors to the exhibition and will not be used for any other purpose without permission. The City of Charles Sturt values privacy but cannot guarantee that personal details will not be identified from the entries received.
- Staff and elected members of the City of Charles Sturt and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The City of Charles Sturt is not responsible for the material supplied by entrants as part of the competition. We are entitled to reject the entry at our discretion.
- Participants understand and agree to the entry being collected, stored and edited for use in ongoing promotional documents, displays and publications by the City of Charles Sturt. This could include but is not limited to use on the website, calendars, magazines, newsletters, library catalogue, publishing and reproduction/copying of either all (or components of) their entry and making this available to the public etc. Images will not be used by Council or supplied to a third party for any other purpose.
- The signee warrants that the entry is the child’s own work and has the right and authority to consent to the public display and promotional documents of the image.
- This constitutes ongoing permission for the City of Charles Sturt to use the submission on multiple occasions at any point in the future.
- Use of participants submissions will be at the sole discretion of the City of Charles Sturt and will not require further express permission of the participant (or participants parent/guardian).