The City of Charles Sturt is committed to delivering a leading and liveable City that is vibrant, friendly and inclusive.
Events provide a mechanism in delivering a leading and liveable City by providing social, physical and economic benefits to its businesses and residents.
Our Events and Festivals Sponsorship is just one way we are supporting those in delivering small scale local events and larger scale state events to benefit our entire community.
Please visit the Covid-19 website for guidelines and conditions regarding events. Please be advised it is your organisation's responsibility to ensure all guidelines and conditions which are set by the South Australian Government are being followed.
The grant is design to support both community events and strategic tourism events and festivals held within the City of Charles Sturt. Events are defined as a significant planned public celebratory occasion. It is usually held for a day, evening or a period of days. The event's significance refers to a specific community or the broader community. The types of events that Council supports can be divided into four themes:
- Food and
- Sporting events
Funding is split into two event categories:
Community events and festivals
Expected community events and festivals outcomes:
- Events that strengthen and connect the community by showcasing and providing an understanding of the history, culture, stories and character of the city and provide opportunities to share these characteristics with the broader public.
- Events that are accessible – either free or low cost for the whole community and are open and promoted to the whole community.
- Events that provide participatory opportunities.
- Events that contribute to an increase in business patronage or economic benefit to the precinct (if relevant).
Strategic Tourism events and festivals
Expected tourism event and festivals outcomes:
- Events and Festivals that are:
- Unique and enhance the character and identity of Charles Sturt.
- Development of new audiences and an increase in visitation to Charles Sturt particularly from key target markets as outlined in both the Western Region Tourism Action Plan and Visitor Economy Strategy, which can be found at www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au.
- Events and festivals of state or national significance that deliver economic, physical or social benefits to the City of Charles Sturt.
- Increase opportunities for collaborations and knowledge sharing between local and visiting creatives, sporting groups or industry professionals and audience members. I.e. intrastate and interstate artist performances, sporting matches and workshops.
- Up to $7,500 for events up to 3500 attendees.
- Up to $15,000 for events over 3500 attendees.
Event organisers can apply for funding a minimum of two months prior to the event and up to 6 months in advance of the event. Applications are presented to Council in August, October, November, February and May each financial year.
Application dates are as follows:
City Services Committee and Council Meeting Date
17th and 24th August 2020
19th and 26th October 2020
16th and 23rdNovember 2020
20th January 2021
15th and 22ndFebruary 2021 – Dates to be confirmed
Applications will close mid-April 2021
May 2021 – Dates to be confirmed
The following individuals and businesses are eligible to apply
- Not for profit groups, community groups or voluntary organisation, legally constituted as an incorporated association in accordance with the Associations Incorporations Act 1987.
- Businesses including sole traders.
- Individuals or unincorporated groups.
- State funded events, where the request for Council’s funding facilitates a component of the event to be held within the City of Charles Sturt as part of broader Program, e.g. South Australian Living Arts Festival (SALA), The Adelaide Festival, The Fringe, Tour Down Under, Guitars in Bars, FEAST to name just a few.
Assessment is based on Economic, Cultural, Environment and Leadership criteria. This criteria is available in the Events and Festivals Sponsorship Guidelines.