The Recovering Clubs in COVID-19 program aims to support local sporting clubs by subsidising some of the key costs associated with their sports return to training and competition, as well as other relevant costs that help improve and support club recovery outcomes.
Please read the program guidelines including eligibility requirements before applying.
Round 2 funding opportunities are now open for eligible clubs.
In addition to the general program eligibility sporting clubs must:
- Be Not-for-profit
- Be geographically located and operating within the City of Charles Sturt LGA
- Not be (or related to) a City of Charles Sturt staff member or Elected Member
- Clubs must have acquitted Round 1 funding to be eligible for Round 2 funding
NOTE: Clubs successfully funded in Round 1 are eligible for Round 2 funding, however initial priority (where possible) will be given to clubs who did not receive funding in Round 1.
- Up to $1,000 plus GST available per eligible club applying
- Only one application eligible per club
- Applications close Friday, 2 October 2020 at COB or once funding is exhausted (whichever comes first)
- Club utilities and eligible* operating costs (eg. lighting, power, water) NOTE: must directly relate to COVID-19 period
- Hand sanitiser, cleaning disinfectants, COVID-related signage (to help meet COVID related social distancing, hygiene and cleaning protocols)
- Club training/development needs to assist return to play, ensure compliance, improve well-being, and/or support club recovery outcomes
- Club equipment to lessen need for sharing and/or improve the club environment
- Other relevant costs (associated with the impact of COVID-19) that the Recovering Clubs grant committee deems has merit and is consistent with the funding intent
Payment under this program will be made directly to successful clubs as below;
- Clubs with an ABN – must provide a valid tax invoice
- Clubs without an ABN – must provide club invoice and a completed ATO Statement by Supplier form
NOTE: Applicants must provide valid supporting bills and/or receipts to substantiate any approved funding purchases/costs incurred (by 30 October 2020).