Waste (blue lid)
What days are my bins collected?
Waste Hotline: 8295 5077
Waste to landfill
Your waste (blue lid) bin is collected weekly.
Everything in this bin will be sent to landfill.
What CAN go in the waste to landfill bin?
This bin should only be used for general household waste that cannot be put in your recycling (yellow lid) or organics bins. This includes:
- Plastic bags, garbage bags & non recyclable plastic & food packaging (eg chip packets)
- Kitty litter (wrapped)
- Video tapes
- Small broken household items such as china & glassware (including light globes)
- Cling film & wine bladders
- Rags and clothing that cannot be passed on as hand me downs or given to charity shops
- Expanded polystyrene (including meat trays & cups)
- Ropes & hoses
You can reduce what goes into your waste (blue lid) bin by doing the following:
Avoid waste in the first place;
Refuse junk mail if you don't want to read it;
Share magazines and newspapers or access them free at the library.
Reduce what you throw away;
Set up a compost bin and worm farms in your backyard for food scraps;
Use your organics bin to compost food scraps;
Buy in bulk and products with minimal packaging;
Use both sides of the paper;
Repair before replacing.
Reuse materials in an innovative way;
Reuse gift wrapping paper and ribbon;
Buy items in refillable containers where possible;
Reuse glass and plastic containers for storing food, pens, buttons, screws and other items.
Recycle products to save natural resources;
Close the loop and buy recycled products;
Use your recycling (yellow lid) bin to recycle your household recyclables.