What days are my bins collected?
Click on the "Services for Me" icon and enter your address to find out what bins to put out this week.
Collection Calendar - Week A (3887 kb)
Collection Calendar - Week B (3886 kb)
Public Holiday collection:
2016/2017 – Christmas Day & New Year’s Day are on a weekend so there is no change to collection days. Good Friday collection will take place the next day (Saturday).
Waste Hotline: 8295 5077
Your recycling (yellow lid) bin is collected fortnightly on the same day as your waste (blue lid) bin (alternate week to your organics bin). Please refer to your collection calendar.
What CAN go in the recycling (yellow lid) bin?
Paper and cardboard (newspapers, magazines, junk mail, envelopes, egg cartons, cardboard boxes - residential quantities only, and flattened);
- Liquid paperboard cartons (eg juice & milk cartons - rinsed);
- Glass bottles and jars (rinsed and lids off - lids need to be put in the waste (blue lid) bin);
- Aluminium and steel cans;
- All rigid plastic containers (eg plastic drink bottles, detergent bottles, yoghurt, ice cream and margarine containers - rinsed and lids off).
Remove all lids from jars, bottles and plastic containers before putting them in the recycling (yellow lid) bin;
- Rinse containers as necessary - save water by using left over dishwater;
- Place recycling loose into your recycling (yellow lid) bin;
- Leave newspapers and cardboard unbundled and loose in the recycling (yellow lid) bin;
- Do not put your recycling in plastic bags;
- Keep recyclables of different materials separate from one another eg do not place cans in boxes;
- Videotapes, strapping, string, rope, soft plastics and chip packets can get caught in machinery, causing breakdowns at the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) so please put these items into the waste (blue lid) bin.
Stop the Junk Mail
The Distribution Standards Board provides one free of charge reflective sticker, on receipt of a stamped return addressed envelope to:
151 Barkly Avenue
Richmond Victoria 3121.
Further information on recycling
Light Globe Recycling
Recycling Near You
Recycling Directory - Zero Waste SA
Bottle & Can Recyclers - Recycle SA
What CAN'T go in the recycling (yellow lid) bin?
No plastic bags;
- No car parts or gas bottles;
- No garden waste;
- No food scraps;
- No nappies;
- No mirrors, light globes or window glass;
- DO NOT put your recycling into plastic bags.
Recycle products to save natural resources;
Close the loop and buy recycled products;
Use your recycling (yellow lid) bin to recycle your household recyclables.
Waste (blue lid)
Organics (green lid)