Organics (green lid)
What days are my bins collected?
Public Holiday collection:
Between 25-28 December 2013 & 1- 4 January 2014 collection will occur one day later (ie Friday > Saturday)
Waste Hotline: 8295 5077
Organics for compost
Your green organics bin is collected fortnightly on the same day as your waste bin (alternate week to your recycling bin). Please refer to your collection calendar.
What CAN go in the organics bin?
- Small prunings and cuttings - including rose prunings;
- Small branches that will fit into the bin;
- Lawn clippings;
- Cut flowers;
- Food scraps (more information).
If it didn't grow, it doesn't go in the organics bin.
Composting at home - Compost bins for sale
Compost increases water efficiency and adds rich nutrients
to the soil.
Backyard Compost Bins are availale to purchase at cost price
($35 incl. GST) at the Civic Centre.
What CAN'T go into the organics bin?
- No dirt, soil or sand;
- No plastic bags or household garbage;
- No stones, rocks, bricks or rubble;
- No irrigation hoses, plastic pots or trays;
- No painted or treated timber;
- No recyclables;
- No gardening tools.
Recycle products to save natural resources;
Close the loop and buy recycled products;
Use your recycling (yellow lid) bin to recycle your household recyclables.