OPAL Healthy Lifestyle
Supporting Charles Sturt to eat well and be active.
What is OPAL?
OPAL is a program that encourages everyone in your community to work together to create all kinds of ways to eat well and be active. Your OPAL Council Team at Charles Sturt are here to support and encourage positive changes in your local neighbourhood.
Children and adults who are active and enjoy healthy eating are more likely to live a healthy life. A healthy lifestyle can offer more energy and confidence, better sleep and greater wellbeing. Eating healthy and being active in your community are also great ways to have fun with family and friends.
How is OPAL supporting Charles Sturt?
Your local OPAL Team based in Charles Sturt will work with you as well as a range of community groups – including schools, health services, Charles Sturt Council and private businesses – with a range of projects that support you and your family to:
- Grow and share your own fruit and vegetables
- Get ideas and tips about cooking healthy meals
- Have healthier meal choices when you are not at home
- Be close to places that sell healthy and affordable groceries
- Find it easier to walk or cycle around your local neighbourhood
- Be active in your local parks or get involved with your local sporting clubs
- Connect with organisations and services that support eating well and being active
Every 12 months a new fun and interactive OPAL theme will also be launched in your community - so keep a look out for opportunities to get involved!