Council provides an annual collection of hard waste. Collection takes place ward by ward from mid October to early December. Flyers will be mailed directly to homes in the weeks
just prior to a collection with dates for your area.
Collection dates for 2013 are as follows:
Semaphore Park ward - 07/10/13 > 11/10/13
Grange ward - 14/10/13 > 18/10/13
Henley ward - 21/10/13 > 25/10/13
Woodville ward - 28/10/13 > 01/11/13
West Woodville ward - 04/11/13 > 08/11/13
Findon ward - 11/11/13 > 15/11/13
Hindmarsh ward - 18/11/13 > 22/11/13
Beverley ward - 25/11/13 >29/11/13
A map of the Council wards is available here:
Place your items on the footpath the Sunday prior to your collection week. Fines may be issued for waste placed on the footpath earlier than this date.
Neatly stack your waste as close to the kerb as possible. A limit of 2 cubic metres of waste per household applies.
Keep your hard waste safe and tidy
It is your responsibility to ensure that the hard waste outside your property is placed and maintained safely until collected - even if it is moved by other people.
Put your waste out the weekend before it is due for collection - no sooner
Leave plenty of room on the footpath for people to walk past
Don't leave anything sharp or hazardous on the footpath
Remove all doors from fridges and freezers
Don't stack your waste too high
Lie taller items down (e.g. wardrobes)
For more information
Call our Waste Hotline on 8295 5077.
What CAN I put out for hard waste collection?
- Fridges and freezers with doors removed;
- Furniture and bedding;
- Metal items (including sheets of corrugated iron up to 2m in length);
- Tree prunings (tied in bundles up to 30cm in diameter);
- TVs and computer equipment;
- Kitchenware - pottery and crockery;
- Timber (max 2m long);
- Home improvement items e.g. toilet fittings and wash basins;
- Washing machines, dryers, stoves;
- Electrical appliances;
- Tools and equipment;
- Lawn mowers empty of petrol and oil;
- Empty paint tins (with lids removed).
What CAN'T I put out for hard waste collection?
- No items heavier than 50kg;
- No items longer than 2 metres;
- No items that can't be lifted by two people;
- No liquid waste, chemicals or hazardous waste;
- No concrete;
- No asbestos;
- No car bodies or parts, including engines, body panels, tyres and batteries;
- No bricks, rocks or dirt;
- No tree stumps;
- No items in plastic bags, including domestic garbage;
- No gas bottles;
- No cement sheeting, fibro or plasterboard;
- No paint cans or oil containers with any residual liquids in them;
- No business waste.
Do you need help moving your hard waste to the footpath?
Elderly residents, or people with a permanent disability, may be eligible for free assistance. Requests should be made to Council at least a week prior to your collection date.
Contact Council on 8408 1111 to check your eligibility and make a request.