Development approval is required for new buildings and structures and changes to or demolition of existing buildings and structures.
Development approval is made up of two separate consents:
Planning Consent - to ensure that development fits within the desired character of the City, that neighbours rights such as privacy are protected, Building Consent - to ensure the building is safe.
To submit an application for assessment, you will need to complete a development application form, including the planning and/or building consent checklists, pay the development application fee, and provide all of the required documents.
Zone & Policy Area Map Search
From the menu on the left hand side:
- Search: Identify the property by entering the house number (not lot number), street name (in full) and suburb.
- Information Icon: Select the icon, then click on the property. A window will open with zone and policy area information and links
- Tools: Use main tools icons to zoom, measure distance and area
- Layers: You may chose to deselect the layers of information on the map for clarity
- Legend: Explains flood depth colours as shown in 'flooding' layer