Transport accounts for over a third of household greenhouse gas emissions in South Australia. Getting out of your car and catching public transport is a great way to reduce these emissions, improve our quality of life and save money on fuel.
There are many benefits to catching trains, trams and buses to your destination:
- lessen the environmental impact
- save money on fuel and parking
- reduce congestion on the roads
- reduce stress: read a book and let someone else do the driving
- reduce wear and tear on your car
The State Government announced a range of upgrades to Adelaide's public transport network in their latest budget. These include plans to extend the tram from North Terrace to the Entertainment Centre and, ultimately, to West Lakes and Semaphore. Find out more about the planned improvements to our public transport system here.