Cycling is fun, affordable, pollution free and great for your health and wellbeing.
This Council endorsed our new "Active Living: Plan to Cycle" strategy on 12 May 2008. This project was jointly funded by the State Government and the City of Charles Sturt.
The key outcomes of "Active Living: Plan to Cycle" are to:
- Increase street life and a sense of community with more people in streets
- Contribute to commercial and tourism activities by increased access choices
- Facilitate inviting streetscape, greater amenity and personal safety by design
- Improve personal health and wellbeing through increasing levels of activity
- Provide more sustainable, safe and socially inclusive transport for all
- Improve transport system environmental performance by reducing emissions
Free Bike HireFree Bike Hire
Greenways & Cycle Paths Project
Bicycle User Group
The Charles Sturt BUG (Bicycle User Group) was formed to represent cyclists travelling, commuting in or visiting the City of Charles Sturt Council area. For further information visit the Bicycle User Group.