The City of Charles Sturt is making every effort to ensure that our website is accessible by visually impaired customers. However, due to certain technological limitations, it is not always possible to make this website entirely accessible without major cost implications.
Adjusting Text Sizes
All fonts on the website use relative font sizing rather than fixed font sizing. Some users may find increasing the text size within their browser makes reading pages easier.
There are AAA icons on the top of each page to make it easier to adjust font size for those users who cannot do it through their browser.
To change the text size through the browser:
- In Internet Explorer, click the View menu, then select Text Size and then choose larger or largest (the default is medium).
- Alternatively, hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel (if you have one).
- In Netscape, click the View menu, then select Text Zoom and then choose the size you would like (the default is 100%).
- Alternatively, hold down the Ctrl key and at the same time, push the - or = key.
- In Firefox, click the View menu, then select Text Size and then choose the whether you would like to increase the size (increase) or decrease the size (decrease).
- Alternatively, hold down the Ctrl key and at the same time, push the - or + key.
Low Bandwidth Users
Users having low bandwidth can choose not to download graphics. The following changes to your browser configuration need to be done:
In Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Select the TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS menu that will launch a pop up window
- Select the ADVANCED BUTTON and this will launch another pop up window
- Uncheck the option 'SHOW PICTURES' under the multimedia heading
- Select the TOOLS - OPTIONS menu that will launch a pop up window
- Select the CONTENT logo from the top
- Uncheck LOAD IMAGES AUTOMATICALLY
Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player is the high-performance, lightweight, highly expressive client runtime that delivers powerful and consistent user experiences across major operating systems, browsers, mobile phones, and devices. Flash Player is preinstalled in several web browsers and on many computers. It is included in Windows® XP (including all new Windows XP computers) and Apple Macintosh operating systems. charlessturt.sa.gov.au uses Flash to deliver its rich multimedia content. You will require Flash Player version 8 or later to successfully view content on charlessturt.sa.gov.au. You can install the latest Flash Player for free at the following link:
Many documents such as Council agendas, minutes and forms are displayed in PDF format. If you are unable to view PDF documents you can download and install a free copy of Adobe Reader from this website - just click on the button below:
It is best practice to use the latest version of Adobe Reader which is Acobe Reader 9 - if you are using an earlier version you should consider updating your software by downloading the latest version using the link above.
If you have Adobe Reader installed and you are experiencing problems with viewing our pdfs, please read the following page: