Your Hard Waste
More choice, greater flexibility.
We know how much you love your hard waste service.
Council is looking at ways to make it even better, giving you more choice and greater flexibility in how you use the service.
We are considering some improvements to the service, but haven’t made a decision yet.
We are considering three possible options, and want you to tell us what you think.
Click here to find out more, and complete our online survey.
What days are my bins collected?
Click on the "Services for Me" icon and enter your address to find out what bins to put out this week.
Collection Calendar - Week A (3887 kb)
Collection Calendar - Week B (3886 kb)
2016/2017 – Christmas Day & New Year’s Day are on a weekend so there is no change to collection days. Good Friday collection will take place the next day (Saturday).
Waste Hotline: 8295 5077
Waste (blue lid)
Organics (green lid)
Recycling (yellow lid)
To ensure your bins are emptied on your scheduled collection day, you need to:
- Put the bins out by 6.00am on the day of pick up and bring them back in within 24 hours of collection;
- Face each bin in the right direction - wheels towards the house;
- Keep a minimum of 30cm clear around each bin;
- Place the right material in the right bin (See Sections 3-6 for more information);
- Be sure your waste is not packed too tightly;
- Don't overfill your bin (max. weight 75 kg) and make sure the bin lid is closed.