All our volunteers receive support, training and recognition. Police checks are organised and paid for by Council where applicable.
Currently, the City of Charles Sturt has these vacancies:
- Animal Management –maintaining the doggie waste bag dispensers in parks and reserves in the Semaphore Park area
- Biodiversity programs – Tennyson Dunes and River Torrens
- Community Visitors Scheme – Befriending and regular visiting for a person who lives in nursing home
- Graffiti Removal Program – participate with a team of volunteers who remove graffiti in our Council area
- Henley & Grange Community Centre – volunteer to assist with preparation of menu and cafe style meals on a budget, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays
- Home Maintenance and Gardening program - full day or 1/2 day Monday, Wednesday afternoon, Thursday morning
- Imagination Playground – OPAL program at special events
- Immunisation Clinic – Tuesday morning and Friday clinic morning once a fortnight - welcoming & settling parents & children, assisting with forms, etc
- Library – Children’s Story time and Baby time sessions on Thursday and Friday mornings - welcoming parents & children, assisting with craft activities, set up & pack up
- Sages –Kitchen Assistant for this aged care day centrey in Ridleyton
- Seaton North Community Centre – Creche on Wednesday mornings
- Seaton North Community Centre – Over 50’s group facilitator on Tuesdays
If you are interested in any of the positions advertised and feel you have the skills to suit the role, please register online. Please note: You will be asked to create a user name and password.
You may email our Volunteer Service Development Officer or call 8408 1828 for more information.