All our volunteers receive support, training and recognition. Police checks are organised and paid for by Council where applicable.
Currently, the City of Charles Sturt has vacancies in the following volunteer programs:
- Bower Cottages - Relief Reception Volunteers required
- Bower Cottages Community Centre Computer Tutor to teach basic computer classes (Wednesday either 10.00am-12.00pm or 1.00pm-3.00pm.)
- Animal Management Team requires a volunteer to fill the dog waste bags in Sam Johnson Reserve, Renown Park
- Digital Hub, Civic Centre Library - One on One Computer trainers (Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday for 2 hours at a time - select a day that suits you)
- Library Storytime Presenter assistants on Mondays (Hindmarsh), Tuesdays (West Lakes) and Wednesdays (Civic).
- Library Storytime craft preparation.
- Library school holiday and monthly Weekend Warrigals kids club activities.
- Library Special Projects - sewing 10 new throw rugs for the library branches and packing the Christmas present bags and the Summer Reading Club bags.
- Community Bus Volunteer Driver for Friday shopping bus runs and relieving drivers required all Monday to Friday.
- Home Gardening program (full day or 1/2 day Monday, Wednesday afternoon, Thursday morning)
- Henley Grange Community Centre facilitator for men’s social 8 ball/snooker. A volunteer could facilitate one or both groups: Mondays 11:30-3:30pm and Thursdays 12 - 3:30pm
- Henley Grange Community Centre assistant for Bingo group Tuesdays 1:15 – 3:30pm
- Henley Grange Community Centre assistant for the tutor of Literacy for Adults: for people with intellectual disabilities class. 9:30-11:30 on Thursdays.
- Youth Central – Volunteers for Friday evening youth drop-in, 2 -7pm.Volunteers especially required for 5 – 7pm.
- Seaton Neighbourhood Centre Creche Volunteer- (Monday's 9.00am-10.30am)
- Community Visitors Scheme (anytime)
If you are interested in any of the positions advertised and feel you have the skills to suit the role, please Register online. Please note: You will be asked to create a user name and password.
Alternatively, you may email our Volunteer Service Development Officer or call 8408 1828 for more information.