Public Health & Safety
The City of Charles Sturt is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our community is protected. The Environmental Health Team undertakes a variety of regular inspections and complaint based investigations to reduce the spread of communicable diseases and ensure a high level of public health and safety is maintained within the City.
The following information provides a brief overview of activities undertaken by Council to reduce the spread of infectious diseases and protect the community's health. For further information, please click on the links on the right side of this page:
- Monitoring of cooling water/warm water systems to prevent the spread of Legionella;
- Monitoring of hair and beauty salons to prevent the spread of blood infections (Hepatitis A,B and C and HIV/AIDS) and bacterial infections (Staphylococcus, Streptococcus and Pseudomonas);
- Inspections of food premises to ensure food being sold is safe and suitable for consumers;
- Monitoring of public pools and spas to control the spread of Cryptosporidium and ensure water quality parameters do not cause a risk to health;
- Collection of inappropriately disposed syringes found on public or private property; and
- Delivery of a comprehensive immunisation service.