Who are volunteers?
- Genuinely interested in people.
- Able to set aside some time regularly or be available for special projects.
- Good listeners with a sense of humour.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- Reliable, trustworthy and caring.
Volunteers will be:
- Prepared to participate in an initial induction and further training.
- Reimbursed for approved out of pocket expenses in some programs.
- Covered by insurance while volunteering.
- Supported by Council staff.
- Part of a happy and supportive team of volunteers.
- Recognised for their valuable support.
Please make yourself familiar with our volunteer policies before expressing your interest to be sure we are the organisation with which you want to volunteer.
Register online to confirm your interest in becoming a volunteer with the City of Charles Sturt. Please note: You will be asked to create a user name and password.
Alternatively, email our Volunteer Service Development Officer or call on 8408 1828 for more information.