Council builds and maintains a large amount of infrastructure throughout the area.
Infrastructure includes the following areas used every day:
- Roads including the kerb and gutter and road seal excluding Main Roads, these are covered by the Department of Planning Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI)
- Footpaths including access ramps. Driveways are owned and maintained by property owners which they service.
- Shared use path and cycle ways.
- Bus stops excluding shelters, which are managed by DPTI
- Bridges including road and pedestrian bridges.
- Stormwater Drainage, including pipes, culverts, channels and pits.
- Street lighting which is council owned. This excludes lighting owned and maintained by SA Power Networks or DPTI.
For more information about Council's infrastructure please click one of the Related Links on the right side.
To contact DPTI please call 8343 2222.