‘Change Makers’: People who have their eyes open in their local community, see ways to do things better and work together to do something about it.
Are you armed with an activity idea or passionate about a community issue?
- Aged 12-30
- Live in the City of Charles Sturt http://www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au/map
- Aspire to be a Change Maker
- Have a new idea for a local community activity or identified a community opportunity and do not know where to start
- Not a registered business
- Not planning to run a for profit or fundraising activity
- Proposed activity or project does not count towards a formal qualification or award
How we can help you launch your idea
The City of Charles Sturt Community Development Team can:
- Assist you to refine your community activity ideas and test them out.
- Link you to others who share your passion and have complementary skills to share the workload, no need to do it alone.
- Support you to access programs to develop the skills you need to move your idea forward.
- Link you to relevant local community groups, organisations, businesses, committees and networks.
- Help you locate the resources you need to get your idea off the ground.
- Purchase up to $1000 of materials and equipment per Change Maker initiative where alternate funding sources are not available (subject to availability of funds and approval from the Community Development Coordinator – Youth.
Non-consumable purchases remain the property of City of Charles Sturt).
- Coordinate workshops and talks with local change makers and entrepreneurs to share their stories with you.
Want to make things happen?
Expressions of interest are open all year round.
Applications are open to individuals or groups (up to six members).
Please read the program eligibility criteria and guidelines prior to lodging an expression of interest:
Change Makers for Under 30's - Eligibility Criteria and Guidelines (160 kb)
The Community Development Team will work with up to four Change Maker initiatives (individuals or groups) at any one time for a period of up to six months (duration is dependent on the complexity of the project and negotiated during the planning stage).
Simply fill in the 3 sections below to get your idea started!
Change Makers for Under 30's - Application Form
Not a local change maker, we have you covered
Like us on Facebook or visit our website to find activities, events, workshops, groups and loads more things you can do in your local community.)
For more information contact City of Charles Sturt Youth Participation Officer on 8408 1111 firstname.lastname@example.org